Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quantcast Demographcs Improving Over Time

Not a huge surprise, but I've noticed that the demographics reported by Quantcast for KidPub have improved quite a bit. It makes sense; prior to adding their tracking code to my site they were making their best guess...now they can more closely correlate their data.

The biggest change is in the gender numbers. Based on my own look at registration data, KidPub has about a 60-40 girl-boy ratio. Before adding Quantcast tracking code they reported the opposite, or about a 58-42 boy-girl split. They now show the split to be 58-42 girl-boy, which matches my own numbers.

It helps build my confidence in Quantcast's numbers. Alexa and Compete don't provide this level of detail. And I'm starting to wonder about Alexa. The rank numbers given by Quantcast and Compete are nearly identical (Quantcast: 173,693, Compete: 172, 223), while Alexa is way off in the weeds. I've read that Alexa is relatively useless for site not ranked in the top 100,000, and I'm starting to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment